Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Lemme Tell You Somethin'

As you can see in my "What I'm Reading" section, I'm reading a couple new things, and you should all be reading them, too. "I Was a Really Good Mom Before I Had Kids" is hilarious, shockingly true, and helpful in a reassuring-me-that-I'm-normal sort of way. There have been a few times that I've actually felt like I have said, word for word, the exact phrases written in the book. I really, really wish I would have read it when Annie was about 1 month old and I was completely, totally sure that my life was over. Good book to give someone who's expecting their first . . .

"Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver is one long, mostly interesting saga of a family (hers) who is trying to live for an entire year on food they grew/raised themselves. The main point here is: Get to your farmer's market as much as possible and quit buying things that had to fly from Ecuador and are covered with pesticide. Makes you want to make better and more responsible food choices for your family, but not really in a guilt-inducing way.

On that note, I'm heading downstairs to read a little more before my head hits the pillow.

No comments: