Sunday, July 8, 2007

Goodnight, sweetheart . . .

After another very long, sweaty day of moving heavy objects and unpacking boxes, I just had the best bathtime and bedtime with my Annie. She's so rarely sweet and cuddly that I really treasure the times when it happens. Jason was off returning the moving truck, Jemma was in bed, and it was just the two of us playing dress-up, painting toenails, pretending to cook sweet potato fries in her kitchen, taking a bath together, and reading stories before I tucked her in.
She made me a "mocha" in the tub and told me to be careful because it was really, really hot. I told her I would blow on it and she said, "Just sip it really, really slowly." And, while we had silly hats and necklaces on in the playroom, she turned to me and said, "I love you, Mommy."

I love our tradition of singing her "Goodnight, sweetheart, well it's time to go . . ." every night at bed. It really makes me stop and notice what a gift she is, even on days when she's been a challenge. Goodnight, sweet Annie!

No comments: