Sunday, July 15, 2007

"But I'm Not Tired!"


Tonight was the first night in at least a month that Annie didn't manage to whimper the above words as I was closing her bedroom door. With our day at the beach (not to mention skipping her nap), we wore her out. She was in bed, silent, at 7:05. Jemma followed soon after, leaving Jason and I plenty of grown-up time to enjoy some shredded beef Mexican tacos from Beltline Bar out on the patio.


Jemma was full of wonder at the beach; there was so much for her to look at - seagulls, waves, her sister diving into the sand . . . We were able to see Tony, Leah, and Rowan Clark and hang out at their beach for the afternoon after finalizing things with our renters. Annie and Rowan chased each other around, practiced skim-boarding, and generally shared pretty well while we caught up with Tony and Leah.


In spite of my plan to get to bed early tonight, I've been tempted away by talk of wine on the Bergsma's deck with some neighbors. Maybe tomorrow . . .



1 comment:

Jason said...

Steph, I love your blog so far! It's fun to read about your daily adventures that I miss out on during the days that I work, esp. since there isn't a lot of time to actually TALK about it all in the evenings. Love you!!