Saturday, July 14, 2007

Afternoon at the Park

After a fun birthday party this morning (Happy 1st, Carter and Clara!), it was refreshing to go to the park for some much-needed Doublestein family time. Annie played happily, Jason dug in the sand with a little crane, and Jemma looked on from the Baby Bjorn. Then we headed home to cavort with the neighbors, cook dinner, and eat outdoors. I love a good summer Saturday at home!

My goals for this week:

-Do something with my hair besides put it, wet, into a ponytail after my shower.
-Get to bed by 9:00 at least once.
-Run every other day.
-Start planning Annie's birthday party.
-Cure Jemma's ringworm for good! (continued disgusting . . .)
-Finish unpacking the boxes that remain at the top of our stairs.

That should keep me busy. Off to bed. (I'm loving Peace Like a River; so well-written, but quite tragic so far. It reminds me of We Were the Mulvaneys: family torn apart by violent event, stoic father, misunderstood brother . . . good stuff.)

No comments: