Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Ummm . . .

Too weak to blog tonight. My oldest child has sucked the life out of me all day long. It ended when my patience finally ran out during Jemma's bath. I totally lost it and shouted at Annie so loudly that Jemma's poor little face puckered up and she started crying inconsolably. (We have a very small, echoey bathroom.) Good mom.

And Annie? She pointed a finger at me and shouted right back: "Stop!!!!! Shouting!!!!"

Friends, the only thing getting me through is the promise, in the not-so-far distance, of the long-awaited Girls' Weekend. 48 hours from now, with any luck, I'll be having a glass of wine and admiring my new pedicure with five of my favorite friends in the world.

Tomorrow, I promise, I'll return to regular-mommy programming and summon the energy to blog about the clever little things my girls say and do. For now, to bed.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I must say, Steph, that I am equally looking forward to Girls' Weekend. Slightly nervous about leaving Rowan for 2 nights, but thrilled at the idea of yummy food and adult conversation. See you soon!