Thursday, August 2, 2007

It's just after 7:00 a.m., and I just got back from a sunrise walk with Jemma. When she woke up, squaking happily at 6:10, I decided to whisk her out of the house before she woke up Annie, too. It was a nice, quiet way to start my day; I might make it a habit while the weather is still warm.

Yesterday, we went to the pool with my parents in the afternoon. Annie had the best time running though the squirters, splashing Bampa, and sitting in her little red chair drinking a smoothie. Jemma, who hadn't really wanted to take her usual afternoon nap, was tired and fell asleep on me for about 40 minutes. It was 95 degrees yesterday, so those 40 minutes were among the hottest of my life.

Later, when I was getting ready to tuck Annie into bed, I told her that I was tired, too, and wanted to go to bed soon after she did. She thought a minute, then looked at me, wide-eyed, and said, "Mommy, do you go to sleep without anyone singing you the night-night song?!?" I admitted that I do, and she looked sad and confused about it. Cutie. I wonder how many more years we have of singing to Annie at bedtime before she decides she's "too big" for it.

No comments: