Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Such a Big Girl

Annie, Jemma and I took a post-dinner walk tonight to kill some time before Jemma's bath. We were ambling down the sidewalk when my neighbor Kelli, with whom I am planning our block party, drove by. She stopped and rolled down her window so we could figure out some details. Then we got to talking about our fall plans, and I mentioned that Annie would be starting preschool.

"Wow, Annie," said Kelli encouragingly. "You're such a big girl!" Annie, who had mostly been sweeping leaves into piles on the sidewalk, finally turned around and gave Kelli a big smile.

"I know," she said proudly. "And I just went poop." Ah, there it is. Potty-trained for about two months, and still, she's sharing her news with everyone she sees.

I just walked to Jersey Junction so I could end my day in my favorite way: with ice cream (a vanilla malt, to be exact).

No comments: