Monday, November 19, 2007

Things I Did Today

1. Ordered new family pictures and our Christmas cards. Yeah! Feels good to finally make a decision; will feel better to just address those things and send them off instead of torturing myself with silly expectations of crafting my own, original-yet-similar-to-Martha-Stewart cards, then writing a personal message in each, then hating them by the time I send them off. This year, Christmas cheer from the Doublesteins.

2. Changed Jemma's poopy diaper 5 times. I feel this is too many times in one day. I don't have this kind of time . . .

3. Lost to Annie in Disney Memory, the god of games at our house. In case I didn't already know all the Disney characters by heart, now I get to see them about 3 times a day. Sometimes, Annie wants to play a round with "just the princesses," so then I get to sort through all 3,000 cards and find the princesses. And then, she beats me. She's frighteningly good at it.

4. Ordered fabric for my soon-to-be-made curtains! This will prevent another dark winter where the world stares in on the Doublesteins in their living room all night long. I'm excited. I'll take a picture when they're finished. (Note: I am not making them. I don't sew. Not even buttons.)

5. Made risotto, which Annie pronounces "prisotto" for some reason. Jemma happily ate about 4 spoonfuls, and then intentionally, methodically threw the rest on the ground. This is becoming standard for her at mealtimes, unless I am serving straight fruit. Grrrrr.

6. Got groceries in preparation for the Thanksgiving weekend up north. Instead of being required to bring something to contribute to the Thanksgiving meal, I am somehow in charge of providing Friday's dinner for 10 people. I am not sure how this task befell me, but there it is. Why not tote a giant cooler up north along with the girls and all their gear?

7. Watched Jemma try to break down the bathroom door by banging on it and stretching up on her tip-toes to try to reach the handle. She really, really loves to play in the toilet and stand and yell at the side of the tub, so she's furious that we keep the door shut. Other recent Jemma-loves: the phone, the living room lamp, and the pile of books I keep beside my bed. I'm beginning to worry about how she'll respond to the Christmas tree . . .

Now, to bed.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh no...are you going to have a baby gate around your tree this year? ha ha...
And can we talk about how YOU got stuck with Friday's dinner? Umm.. don't they know the number to Papa John's up north? :)
And last night I was furious I got stuck with cheese and crackers on Thursday. :)

Stephanie said...

I know! When you're traveling with small children, your contribution to the festivities should be your cherubic, angelic children! No food necessary! (Must remember this rule when I am the grandma!)