Friday, November 30, 2007

Boogie Woogie Santa

I know it's been a couple of days since I've managed to post anything interesting; I think you'll agree it was worth the wait. I think (I hope!) I've figured out how to post video right in my blog, which could have far-reaching implications for future blogs (Jemma bopping, conversations with Annie, incriminating holiday parties . . .).

For this time, however, I've tried to capture for posterity Annie's first dress rehearsal for her upcoming Christmas dance recital. The actual recital is on December 8th, and I'm already so curious about how it will go. It's in a real, live auditorium and all of the Twinkle Toes sections have one song to perform, so there will be approximately 7-8 dance classes there, plus all accompanying parents, grandparents, siblings, etc. I predict that, when faced with the enormity of the audience, at least 50% of the 3-year-olds are going to either cry or stand frozen to the spot for their entire song. Plus, who knows where we'll be sitting on the actual day, because I don't have that "psycho-mom" gene that encourages me to arrive 5 hours early to lay my coat over the best seats.

So when Miss Amy invited parents in to help the girls get used to an audience this week, I was prepared with my videocamera. To the right is Annie's friend Grace and to the left is our neighbor Ava. It was their first time wearing the spangly red belts and the slightly-too-large Santa hats, but adorable nontheless. Enjoy the dancing; if nothing else, it might bring a bit more of the Christmas spirit to you!

No comments: