Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I'm Not Crazy About . . .

(this time it's MY turn):

-Jemma, at 10 1/2 months, apparently trying to phase out her morning nap. Four or five days in a row, now, she's acted soooooooo tired around 9:00, but then, when I put her in the crib, she spends 20-30 minutes chatting/whining before getting to sleep. This morning, 45 minutes later, she was still awake, so I gave up. Grrr. I thought I had at least 4-5 more months of a guaranteed shower time.

-Annie needing to take off every single item of clothing below the waist every single time she uses the bathroom. This include shoes and socks, which she is not the best at putting on herself. This afternoon, she walked casually out into the living room, butt-naked from the waist down, carrying her pants/socks/underwear in a ball while Heidi was over. Sorry, Heidi.

-leaf blowers. Seriously, a leaf weighs 1-billionth of an ounce. Even wet and in large quantities, they are not so heavy that you can't just take ten minutes and rake them to the curb. Leaf blowers are obnoxiously noisy and so unnecessary around here, where everyone's lawn is the size of a postage stamp. That means you, Shawn Bergsma!

-my fall/winter wardrobe. Specifically, the sweater department. I appear to have a lot of sweaters, but really, there are only about 5 that I like. Today, I tried to shake it up a little and wear one that I haven't pulled out in a while. I had it on for about 10 minutes before I had to rip it off because it was both ugly and too big. After thinking about it, I realized that I got this sweater for Christmas back in about 1997. No joke. Jason and I were dating, but not engaged and/or married. Time for some current sweaters.

Things I WAS crazy about today:

-taking a big morning walk with the girls and then raking leaves in the unbelievably gorgeous weather.

-Annie helping me make the dough for the chicken pot pies, getting her chubby fingers all flour-y and messy with a big smile on her face.

-meeting little Katherine Jane Brandt, who has so much hair it makes baby Jemma hair look tame.

-Jemma belly-laughing hysterically while Kelly tickled her out on the steps this afternoon.

-a really beautiful sunset.

2 comments:

Megz said...

I am with you on the leaf blowers! I think we are the only people on our block without one...and one of my absolute favorite activities with the boys is raking/playing in the leaves! We were out enjoying the awesome weather today, too. Going to miss it!:( I guess we'll play in snow soon...

Shawn said...

I feel the need to defend my leaf blower. There is an emotional connection that i get to power tools. My leaf blower is a Power tool. I know that I can rake (and I actually did rake just today - after blowing the leaves into a pile), but there is a real possibility that I will get blisters and then be out of work.

My family cannot afford for me to be out of work because of the blisters that I get from Raking.

I will try to only use the blower on days that you are well out of earshot and anytime Ms. megz may be in the neighorbood.

btw - my neighbor across the street - you know the one - has the SAME model blower that I have and I noticed that he was not called out by name. Hmmmmmmmm