Tuesday, November 27, 2007

New Year's Resolutions . . . in November

I have just returned from the gym. Tonight is the first time I have been to the gym since sometime in April (I am not counting the many summertime trips to the outdoor pool with the girls because no exercise was involved) and I had been on the verge of cancelling my membership and deciding to just run/walk outside for the winter and maybe invest in a decent yoga class on the side.

But, I loved it! It was so fantastic to be there, hiking it up on the super-vertical treadmill (I climbed 1000 vertical feet at a 30% incline!) and messing around with a few upper-body weights. I was so inspired and energized that I took a class schedule and might start experimenting with some new things for the winter. I could even see myself going there at the crack of dawn on those mornings like this morning, when I spontaneously awoke at 4:45 and never really got back to sleep. Might as well do something productive with my time, right?

So, a jump-start on my New Year's Resolutions:

-Spend more time at the gym (how cliche is this for a NYR?)
-Do more cultural things in and around GR, especially since my nights are about to open up as the nursing-countdown continues . . . Jemma is 11 months today, so my presence will be required at bedtime for approximately one more month only!
-Drink more. I am borrowing this one from Sarah Van Deven, and by drink, I mean alcohol. My tolerance is a pitiful "if I have two glasses of wine in one night, I'll have a headache in the morning," and something must be done about it. So, more drinking it is!

Add to this the fact that my parents have already committed to babysitting for New Year's Eve, and I have that holiday all taken care of. Now, if I could just get into the Christmas spirit a little bit more . . .

1 comment:

Sarah said...

If MVP does $0 enrollment fees in a few weeks, I may be joining you at the gym!!