Sunday, April 27, 2008

The World Was Dying to Know

Just taking a quick break from eating Nutella with a spoon right out of the jar to record the conversation Jason and I just had. We were talking about how a bill I paid (and sent weeks ago) mysteriously just came back to us even though it was a pre-printed address.

Jason: "Maybe it was the postal carrier's first day and he couldn't find the office."

Me: "You know that's my secret fantasy job . . . like if you had a random, rote job that would be so easy and meaningless."

Jason: "What?"

Steph: "Yeah, being a mail carrier. Except I'd probably hate it in torrential downpours. Other than that, though, I'd like just walking around outside from house to house at my own pace with my own thoughts and being satisfied when I was all done for the day."

Jason: "Yeah. My job like that is a Subway Sandwich Artist."

2 comments:

Sarah said...

hahaha...I worship that conversation.
But for real...I have seriously looked into taking the mail carrier test. Ridic but true...it is my total dream job as well. All that order...routine...no voicemail or email...so great!

Gina said...

I love that Jason considers the Subway employees "artists". And, I'm sure he would be the happiest Subway Sandwich artist anyone has ever met.