Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Some Days . . .

like yesterday, I have it all together. I drop Annie off at preschool on time, hit the grocery store with Jemma and get everything on my list. I marinate chicken for dinner and make a spectacular satay to go with it. I run to preschool with Jemma in the jogger and run back with both girls in there and they don't even kill each other on the way home. I make lunch, play with the kids, and put them down for naps. I bake a cake for Jason (!) because he has been craving yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I take the girls to the library and somehow get Annie to exit the dress-up clothes without a meltdown. I grill the chicken and get the entire dinner on the table just as Jason pulls in. I do dishes and clean up the kitchen, put the girls to bed, blog, and read my book before falling asleep at 10:00.

like today, I do not have it together at all. I am cocky from my spectacular day before, so I think it would be a good idea to pack the girls up and run a lot of errands first thing in the morning. It is not a good idea. I have to abandon my half-full cart at Bed Bath and Beyond and totally give up on the idea of Russo's (what was I thinking???) because Jemma will not stay seated in a cart. I waste the morning at Schuler's because it's where I promised Annie we could go after the other two stores. I watch Jemma throw 90% of her food on the floor. I lie down at naptime but don't really sleep, which gives me a headache, and wish that I had done the dishes instead. I take the girls outside after naps, but it is freezing. I think I will sneak in a run before dinner, but then Annie insists on having me put her to bed.

I wonder, what kind of a day will it be tomorrow?

2 comments:

Megz said...

Stop it with the yellow cake and chocolate frosting (just b/c the hubby's been craving it) RIGHT NOW, Doublestein!!!

LOL! Seriously, though...you kill me. I'm just glad your "next day" was a total disaster, otherwise I was going to mount a halo over your head...so to speak.

Here's to you for even trying!
But Russo's?
What WERE you thinking? You know we stay-at-homers don't get to go THERE!?!?!?!

I will remain forever impressed with the peaceful library exit...and of course, the cake. The f***ing cake.

Sarah said...

Indeed...that was a semi-magical library visit. Weird....
You and your satay and cake...you are killing me.
Hey, take the good with the bad and it all evens out, right pal? :)