Wednesday, October 3, 2007

School Concert

When Annie's feeling a little independent and imaginative at the same time, she often "goes to a concert." This involves: putting on her tutu and dress-up shoes; informing me that she's going to a concert and I can't come; having Miss Kelly or Adam come over to watch me, Dinah, Brother, Gracie, and everyone else she's leaving behind; going into our front foyer and shutting the door; singing and dancing while watching herself in the mirror; "coming home" from the concert and telling me she's back. (While it's not always clear whether Annie is the performer or the audience member at this concert, it's all stemming from months ago, when Jason and I got dressed up and went out to see a concert at the Van Andel while Adam babysat.)

Today, the concert bug bit Annie while she was at school. I arrived to pick her up and got a full report from her teacher about how Annie had corralled 6 or 7 other classmates, made them put on clothes from the dress-up bin, and "go to a concert." Hilarious. Other recent school adventures include finger painting with chocolate pudding, learning about acorns, and making a squirrel magnet. In reference to planning to show Jason her squirrel magnet tomorrow morning, she said, "I think he'll love it." I'm so glad school is such a big hit; I think she loves it.

1 comment:

Megz said...

So adorable. Love the imagination she has! And so hysterical how she's letting you and Jason have "your turn" being left behind.

They don't forget, do they?