Sunday, October 14, 2007

It's Really the Middle of October?!? Holy #$*%!


So, with the advent of the first rainy, cool fall weekend, plus the deluge of October birthdays, I am forced to acknowledge the date (I basically never know what the date is) and realize that October is half over. Unbelievable. I'm also forced to realize that many things need to happen, as a result of it being the middle of October, such as:


-begin Christmas lists for everyone

-buy snowboots and snowpants for Annie

-put up heat tape on the roof before it snows

-plan our February vacation (suggestions for a warm and sunny destination with not too much travel drama are welcome!)

-get flu shots (oh, I dread another shot for Annie . . .)

-buy Halloween candy

-pay for snowplow service

-begin going to the gym again, a place I haven't visited in months except to frolic in the outdoor pool . . .


In looking at this list, I'm not too enthused about the tasks that come with late fall/early winter. I will have to keep baking yummy pumpkin treats to get me through and maybe get some new slippers and winter cozy clothes to keep me happy in the house. Tonight, we're making beef stew and a big loaf of bread with roasted garlic and cheese, plus we're going to make the first fire of the season in our fireplace. (For Annie, this event requires hot chocolate.) And we'll spend the rest of this lazy Sunday afternoon entertaining the girls inside with more hide-and-seek and kitchen play time.


Above, Annie and Ben at Koetsier's play area last week. How cute are they with their little vests?

2 comments:

Gina said...

Wow! A fire already? We played in the ocean and the pool all day here. Our first fire won't be for quite a while. I do love Michigan in the fall.

Megz said...

Annie is toooo stinkin cute in this pic!!!