Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Random Tuesday

I feel like "Tuesday" is always the day referenced in poetry when the writer is trying to describe a very basic, average kind of day. (And if I ever unpack my beloved boxes of books from South Haven and find my Billy Collins, I'll post an example.) For us, today really was an average day, but good in lots of small ways. The highlights:

-Waking up miraculously at 6:29 a.m. for my 6:30 run with Sarah, even though I had accidentally set my alarm for 6:20 P.M. and it obviously didn't go off.

-Standing outside on my front lawn in the dawn darkness upon my return and peeking in at my little family, happily breakfasting in our cozy dining room.

-Having a Test Kitchen moment with Jason, when we attempted (again) to duplicate the Starbucks PSL with some leftover pumpkin, caramel sauce, half & half, and spices. Results: good flavor, weird grainy pumpkin bits at bottom of cup.

-Folding Annie's clean laundry in her room while she proudly matched all her socks.

-Snuggling on the couch with Annie after she woke up from her nap.

-Jamming out with the girls to Led Zeppelin in the car on the way to Grandville.

-Riding up and down the escalator at the mall, watching Annie's grin widen and hearing her say, "It tickles my tummy!"

-Bringing Annie to her very first official dental appointment. She was so PLG in the giant chair, and the hygenist had her wearing special sunglasses to block the bright lamp light. She thought she was quite something and was acting very mature and knowing throughout.

-Watching the end of a gorgeous pink sunset when Jason got home.

2 comments:

Megz said...

Way to go on the early morning jog! Your account of "peering in the window" at your family was very Charles Dickens-esque...was the window all foggy, with a perfectly round opening to peer through? Were the girls in cotton nighties with drawstring collars?

Oh...I love it.
Not too sure bout the pumpkin bits at the bottom of the mug, though.

Sarah said...

hahaha...Meg's comment just made me laugh out loud. hahahaha...
FYI - there were no creepy pumpkin bits in the bottom of my sampler! Thanks, again!