Sunday, October 21, 2007

It's Sunday Night . . .

and suddenly, our weekend is over. It was filled with a bunch of small, unrelated activites - the birthday party, Jason's car shopping (no decision yet, but he's really in love with the Audi A4), hosting Jason's parents for dinner today, another round of Sunday School helping, and lots of general house chores mixed in with a little being outside to enjoy the gorgeous, warm weather. In a move that will make Sarah proud, I was out the door and running around the lake at 6:30 a.m. this morning even though she was enjoying a girls' weekend away. Frankly, it was too dark out there to see my feet, so probably, I should not be running by myself at that time of day anymore. But I was lucky enough to see the sunrise over the lake - all pink and misty from a little bit of fog (or "steamy," as Annie would say).

Annie got a new doll from her Grammy today, and promptly named her Amy, likely after her dance teacher. Then, while playing with baby Amy, Annie instructed Jason's mom to "get out her pointy things" to feed the baby. Oh, my. I think the word "nipple" is going to have to cross my lips soon in a female anatomy discussion.

Jemma has now gotten the beginnings of Annie's cold from last week. She had a runny nose all day and was just generally grouchy and uninterested in food. I hope and pray that I won't be up all night with her. She is also (finally!) getting her first two bottom teeth and is constantly chewing on her pointer finger. PLG. I need to take dozens of pictures of her in the next few weeks while she still has her gummy, baby smile; I feel like they never look quite the same after those teeth peek through while they grin.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I am glad you had a glorious weekend! And I am sad to have missed the a.m. run...I am totally in on a run tomorrow or Wed. a.m. Let me know what you can do - we must catch up! :)