Thursday, October 25, 2007

Jemma's 10-month stats

Jemma's stats from yesterday: 15 lbs, 3 oz (5th percentile), 26.5 inches (40th percentile), and head 35th percentile. She charmed the doctor with her sign for "more," lion growl, and semi-toothy smile at her otoscope light. Today, she was less charming; I think this cold she has is at its peak after three days of crappy sleep and lots of snot . . . . poor grumpy baby. I actually put her down for a 3rd nap today for the first time in about 4 months, and she went for it!

Annie had Twinkle Toes this morning, as usual, but with an added twist: they got to wear their costumes! So instead of ballerinas running around with Miss Amy, there was a lion, chicken, cat, Snow White, and two fairy princesses. Pretty cute. This afternoon, she, Lucy, and Caden were frolicing in the most beautiful orange leaves in the front yard - Shelly and I had to run and get our cameras to capture the moments. I'll post some digital ones if she sends them to me (mine are film).

It's been a long couple of days, so after Jemma was safely in bed tonight, I came upstairs to do some gift-getting for various people via the Internet and catch up on e-mails and blogs. Instead, Annie emerged from her shower to show me how she had wrapped her bath towel around her head "just like Mommy" and then begged for ME to take her downstairs, get her jammies on, and read her stories. I had been planning to let Jason have a turn tonight, but she was so adorable that I couldn't resist. As I picked up her little nakie body with a giant towel around her head, she made it worth my while and said, "I like the smell of you, Mommy." Awwww . . .

2 comments:

Gina said...

Stats sound like Rowan's! But on her little 5th percentile body, she has a 95th percentile head. I'm still amazed she can balance. Annie is so adorable!

Sarah said...

Dang...that is cute!! I hope PLG Jemma is better today.