Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Night Owl

It's happening . . . slowly, slowly, I'm becoming a "night person" again. And I love it. I've always functioned best when I've been able to stay up late at night and then sleep in (relatively) late in the morning. However, for years, teaching required me to get up at 5:15, leave the house at 6:00, and then put myself to bed around 9:00 in order to do it all again the next day. Having a newborn, both times, made me crave sleep so much that I was sprinting for bed the minute the baby was asleep "for the night" and then dragging myself out in the morning.

Lately, though, Annie and Jemma have been consistently sleeping until (dare it say it?) 7:30 or 8:00 almost every day. And do I get up early and get a few things done around the house? No, I do not. I stay in my bed, unless I am getting up to run with Sarah, and I get a full 8 hours of sleep. Then, I stay up late at night (well, until 11:00ish), finishing dishes, writing, reading, doing laundry, and getting organized for the next day. It is fantastic!

I'm sure there will come a period, weeks or months from now, when Jemma or Annie (or both) will commence to wake up at some ungodly morning hour, and my routine will be ruined again. But for now, I'm thoroughly enjoying being a night person again. And I'm off to read in bed - maybe for an hour or two!

No comments: