Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Eve Sucks, Two Years in a Row

Last year, New Year's Eve found me on the couch, nursing a 4-day-old and hosting my in-laws at my house for a few "helpful" days. This year, Jason has had the flu since Saturday night and I am walking around feeling like a ticking time bomb, just waiting for my turn in the bathroom. Needless to say, we weren't the life of the party at our annual gathering last night. We went to the dinner, made it into the group picture, and then left around 10:00. Sadly, we were both in bed before midnight.

Today, we're trying to pull our lives and our house back together in spite of Annie acting like something out of a horror movie all day long and Jason making our whole downstairs smell like a big fart. The snow continues, Michigan is trying to lose their bowl game, and Jemma is doing some new coughing and sneezing that makes me think a new round of her special 3-week-colds is around the corner. I am all holidayed out, but I will send out a feeble "Happy New Year!" to my faithful readers. I hope you are having a merrier start to 2008 than I am!

No comments: