Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Help! I've Been Cardio-Blasted!

In an effort to get the most out of my gym membership (read: break out of my running rut in the winter), I attempted a class this morning. Outside of yoga, it's the first real fitness class I've been to since my high-school days of step aerobics.

This class, recommended to me by Sarah, is called Cardio Blast. It began at 9:30 a.m. and only lasted half an hour. At 9:41 a.m., I looked at the digital wall clock and thought, "I'm not going to make it." Then I forced myself to power through 19 more very challenging minutes of running up and down stairs, doing basketball conditioning-type sideways shuffles, jumping rope, jumping jacks, step aerobics, kick-boxing moves, squats, and just generally moving my entire body continuously with absolutely no breaks for water. Or breathing. I wanted to die. Apparently, I can run a marathon, but I cannot currently conquer 30 minutes of Cardio Blast.

I've spent the rest of the day trying to move as little as possible. Right now, I am feeling remarkably interested in eating some leftover cheesecake for dinner and then getting into bed in the next ten minutes or so. Think I'll be sore tomorrow? Hmmmmmmm.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

hahaha...Cardio Blast rules! Thanks for joining. I was sore for 3 days after...but then, magically, I was never sore again!

Lil said...

That sounds right up my alley. Short time commitment, 3 times the soreness...the only problem I have is getting back once it goes away. :) I don't think we even have anything like that up here...let us know when you hit the magical point of no soreness!