Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Countdown Begins

It's official . . . after many, many hours spent searching various websites/condo timeshare trade-in offers/travelocity/priceline-type-options and debating weather averages and restaurant variety, the Doublesteins have finally made up their indecisive minds about where they'll be vacationing in exactly one month. Not a moment too soon, as I'm pretty much over winter and in desperate need of looking forward to something warm and sunny. We gave up Miami because we couldn't find any reasonable hotel prices there, and instead will be staying here - someplace quieter but hopefully just as luxurious and relaxing. (Look at me, learning how to use a hyperlink!)

I'm simultaneously excited to go and already nervous about leaving the girls. It's so hard for me to let go and feel confident that things will be fine when I'm gone. Although, after today's spectacular exit from the library (involving Annie sprinting away from me and then diving right into a stack of books in an attempt to hide, Jemma stranded alone over by the fish tank while I dragged Annie by one arm to the exit . . .), I might remind myself that things don't go perfectly when I am here, either.

I'm furious right now about the lack of even a RERUN episode of 30 Rock or The Office tonight, but I'm about to go downstairs, have a cup of tea, and perhaps talk with my husband for what feels like the first time in a week. Here's to continued recovery and a healthy weekend ahead, I hope!

No comments: