Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Things I Didn't Do Yesterday:

1. Feed, clothe, and entertain my children. That job went to Jason, pre-9:00 a.m., and then my lovely, helpful neighbors Heidi and Sarah, who got me through the day when I was feeling terrible.

2. Eat anything but Perrier and graham crackers.

3. Go anywhere more than 5 minutes away from a bathroom, except to vote.

4. Clean my house. And after just ONE day of letting things go, it's officially a big mess. Bonus: in-laws arriving Friday morning.

5. Go to my Tuesday night yoga class.

6. Go to Meg's fun election party.

But, today is a new day, in so many senses of the word: new president-elect, random stomach illness over, and a high of 72 degrees. We walked Annie to school this morning because it was just so beautiful and we had to do it one last time before the real winter weather sets in. After school, I raked the front yard while the girls played in shorts and bare feet. November 5th, 2008, you are a very good day.

2 comments:

Gina said...

A great day indeed! We went to the beach just because we could. So glad you're feeling better. I was missing your blog oh-so-much!

Megz said...

What a GREAT day you had after such a yucky one before...we of course missed you at the partaay--but the most important thing is that we all--including you-- wore smiles on November 5th.

And seriously--shorts and bare feet? We had the same thing going on in our house, and I got kinda sad when I realized it WASN'T the middle of summer.