Monday, November 10, 2008

Status Updates

Poor, poor blog.

Now that it's been nearly a week since I've taken the time to post any new thoughts, the little tidbits swirling around in my head seem . . . . pointless. Unrelated. Shall I recap the in-law's four-day visit? Talk about how, now that the freezing temperatures have ended my running outside and forced me to return to the gym, I am remembering just how much I hate running on a treadmill? Ponder how Annie can eat two pancakes, sausage, an egg, and a pear for breakfast on Saturday morning and still weigh only 29 pounds? List the many, many random subjects over which the girls have recently argued? Describe their new habit of teaming up on me with what I now refer to as The Naughty Giggle?

Maybe later. For now, I am just glad: to have my house back to myself after four days of guests (helpful though they were); to have raked some wet leaves this afternoon while the girls ran up and down the sidewalk; to have eaten a cozy dinner with the family and watched some Sound of Music on the couch; that there is an apple crisp baking right now in the oven; to settle in for an evening of The Daily Show and talk with Jason; and mostly, for all the little things that make life so good.

No comments: