Sunday, August 24, 2008

My Weekend Didn't Suck





I had the total privilege of seeing Jerry Seinfeld at DeVos with Connie on Saturday night this weekend, and one of my favorite parts of his act was about how, when you go out, it's sort of to prove that your life doesn't suck. And, when you're out, it's only a matter of time before you want to be back in. I laughed so hard, my face hurt. That's kind of how our weekend was: that perfect balance of being "out" and being back "in" - mostly reminding us that our life is pretty great.


Besides seeing the funniest man on the planet with my BFF after a girls' dinner at San Chez, we also spent some time at Lake Michigan on Saturday morning (before the storms hit) with our neighbors; we had Chris and Sarah over Friday night for what has evolved into a summer tradition of sushi by candlelight on our front lawn (Annie got to feel the baby kick before being packed off to bed); we bought a new outdoor slide set at a garage sale and watched the kids play on it for the last two days; we hit the pool and TCBY this afternoon; we had pancakes and bacon for breakfast two times this morning. I'm so worn out by all the late-summer fun, I can hardly write about it. Instead, some pictures!

No comments: