Friday, August 22, 2008

Jemma's First Haircut




It was raining this morning, and Annie declared it a good day to "go to Snip-Its" to get haircuts. It was high time for me to part with Jemma's long, fine baby hair, anyway. I sometimes forget how hilarious her hair used to be, back around 3-4 months, when it just stuck straight out all over and wouldn't lie down at all. Strangers used to point and laugh. Today she sat perfectly still with her little cape on and kept pointing to Annie, over in her chair, asking "Ah-dee? Ah-dee?" and smiling proudly in the mirror. Now, my little girl has a sweet little bob and I have a tiny baggie of wispy blonde hair to tape into her much-neglected baby book.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Adorable! I love it! Good work, Jemma!

Sarah said...

Awww...great, adorable hairdo. Did Sondra do any of the honors by chance? O.k. Jemma officially looks much closer to 2 year old now. And in the bottom pic, I got a glimpse into what "big girl" Jemma will look like. :)