Monday, August 11, 2008

Details

Just an ordinary August Monday. A few things I was up to:

-drinking Simply Limeade straight out of the container until I got a stomachache

-running the lake with Bona at the perfect time of night (8:00)

-reading Curious George and the Bunny and Go, Dog, Go! to Jemma before bed

-listening to Annie sing, "Moooomy and Daaaady, I'm Uuuuup" in her bedroom for a full hour this afternoon. She didn't come out; I didn't go in: she fell asleep at 2:30. Victory!

-slicing the most beautiful red cabbage for fish tacos for dinner

-reading Cookie Magazine and thinking I should submit some writing to them

-feeling like an old lady because I was fantasizing with friends about a new dishwasher AND a deep-freeze in the basement

-watching both girls eat decent helpings of dinner, including black beans - a new protein source!

-listening to my new fave CD, the soundtrack to the movie Once

1 comment:

Megz said...

I love Cookie magazine!

Your fish tacos sound yummy...giving me an idea.:)

Also--black beans are one of Jonathan's favorite foods! I eat them all the time, and the boys both love them. It's insane!