Sunday, July 20, 2008

Our Hot Weekend in Fort Wayne, Indiana

And by hot, I mean nearly 90 degrees. I also mean hot, as in Paris-Hilton-trendy, because that's what hanging out in bathing suits with pregnant friends and toddlers in Indiana is, right? What we did:

Rocked out to: I Like to Move It; various Prince songs on the drive there and back, most especially Kiss, which the girls absolutely love; Jason and Eric's constant guitar playing; the best infomercial ever at 11:00 p.m. last night - 154 Rock Ballads of the 80's. Jason was beside himself with joy.

Ingested: donuts, awesome BLT pizza, coffee with coconut creamer (yum!), Chinese take-out around the kitchen island after the kids were in bed, lots of Coke, raspberry lambic, a tuna melt that made my stomach hurt for the rest of the day.

Bought: fabulous, giant Nicole-Richie-like white sunglasses which I plan to wear daily for the rest of the summer (look: Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie in the same post!!!!); many cute clothes for myself and the girls at H&M; David Sedaris' new book; Pull N Peel licorice to bribe the girls for the car ride home.

Got the kids wet with: the lovely, large outdoor pool; the slip n slide; water gun fights; the giant bathtub before bed last night.

Read: US Weekly, domino, Cottage Living, Better Homes & Gardens . . . so many magazines, so little time; Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes; a hysterical card from Joonie.

Stalked: Tittlesen, the cutest little black kitty in the world. I think she was glad to see Jemma leave, but we miss her already!

1 comment:

Megz said...

Love it all!
What a fantastic weekend...and you'll have to let me know how the new David Sedaris book is. "Me Talk Pretty One Day" is one of my all-time faves!

Jealous of the food...all of it.

Oddly, I was glad to read that "Tittlesen" was a cat.
Not really sure why...I just was.