Monday, July 14, 2008

I Tempted Fate, I Lost

Within the first five minute of our neighborhood Pork Extravaganza on Saturday night, I said to Heidi, "I don't want to tempt fate, but I haven't gotten a single mosquito bite all summer. Weird, huh?"

I don't want to talk about how many mosquito bites I now have on my feet and legs . . . too many to count. I guess that's what happens when you tempt fate on a humid summer night while wearing a skirt. I DO want to talk about another successful neighborhood night. People on this street can cook, for sure. Also, they can ask ridiculously personal questions around the campfire and, strangely, get honest answers. We all now know way too much about one another.

After a very busy Friday and Saturday, we spent yesterday just hanging out with our family. We went to church in the morning, where the girls actually went for the nursery so Jason and I could sit in peace. Then we headed to the park before lunch and spent the afternoon at the pool. It was a little too windy for the girls to want to be in the water the whole time, so we got them out, bundled them in sweatshirts, and plunked them on chairs with strawberry smoothies. They couldn't have been happier.

This morning, Annie and I are all ready to head out for the gymnastics drop-off, and then I'll head to the grocery store with Jemma and take her for a spin in the jogging stroller. We are the beneficiary of a fantastic loaf of onion rye bread straight from Zingerman's yesterday, so I'm planning to buy something equally fantastic to put on it (cucumbers and cream cheese? smoked gouda and ham? reuben ingredients?). Also, several loads of laundry await, so that's our Monday plan.

No comments: