Monday, October 20, 2008

Things That Are Ridiculous:

-The names Annie has recently bestowed upon the imaginary kittens her stuffed animal has had: Leedy, Leechy, Seedy, Forty, Fifty, and Ben.

-The pseudonyms that Annie and Lucy assumed while playing the other day - Annie was "Wheatie" and Lucy was "Simone."

-The number of times I was awake with one child or another last night due to coughing, monsters, being "too hot," or just general neediness.

-The number of times per day I find one or both of my children walking around with a ball shoved up their shirt, pretending to be pregnant.

-Annie's current obsession with gum. After a weekend jam-packed with all sorts of spectacular events (her race, Meijer Gardens, parade, football game, etc.), she hopped out of the car this morning at school, ran up to Ben, and reported breathlessly: "Guess what? Yesterday . . . I had FOUR pieces of gum!"

-The elaborate story I have now invented about how difficult it is to buy gum; how you don't just march into the store and BUY it; how you have to get permission until you're a grown-up . . .help me out here, people. I need some way of keeping Annie from asking me for gum every 2.4 seconds for the rest of her life. She's had a taste and now she's totally addicted.

-The amount of drama involved in trying to plan our family vacation in February - e-mailing, researching, consulting with both sets of grandparents, trying to assess the quality of a condo by looking at sketchy internet photos. Someone other than me, please make a decision.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

ha ha...."Wheatie" still made me laugh out loud twice when I read this.
The gum thing (as you know, our house rule was you could have it at age 3) has definately lost its allure over the past year. Give it two weeks...let her chew her guts out...she will be over it soon! ha!