Sunday, March 30, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend

I'm exhausted; it's been a long, busy three days of non-stop action here. A few things that happened:

-had pictures taken of Jemma
-steamed my curtains
-ran 11 miles
-attended Annie's Spring Dance Recital
-hosted my in-laws at our house for the weekend
-had dinner at the Green Well
-attended Jason Batts' wedding on Saturday night
-went to church this morning
-went to Jason's grandpa's 80th birthday party in Kalamazoo this afternoon

It was a fun weekend, to be sure, but one of those that leaves you wishing for a little downtime (which I'm not going to get this week). Of all the things we did, my favorite moments were watching Annie's confident, exuberant performance to "Splish Splash" at her dance recital and, strangely, this afternoon's return trip from Kalamazoo. We went through the McDonald's drive-thru (insert gagging, appalled noises here if you, too, watched SuperSize Me and swore to never eat fast food again . . . .), I wedged myself in the backseat between the girls' carseats, and we all sung along to Sound of Music and Cinderella songs while sharing french fries and cheeseburgers. My girls were giggling, watching the cows out the window, and I was just happy to have my family all cozy together on a Sunday afternoon drive.

No comments: