Saturday, March 15, 2008

Please Ignore the Giant Bags Under My Eyes







The photographic evidence of some recent events:
-I got all my hair chopped off and I love it. It's a very chic, short bob that somehow doesn't feel mom-like at all. I fervently hope that I can maintain it and make it cute without the help of my talented stylist. (Why can't she just come to my house and blow-dry my hair every morning? Why can't I blow-dry my own hair the right way?)
-Annie learned to write her name. She isn't at all proud.
-Jemma isn't really accomplishing anything here, but she looks like she's about 13 years old and is wearing my favorite dress, so I had to include it.
It's been a good start to the weekend. We all used my parent's house as a home base yesterday, so I got to accomplish the haircut plus go meet baby Tate while my mom helped with kid duty. Annie came with me to view little Tate; on the way there, she said, "I'm really into a born baby." Yeah, yeah, we know. Once we got there, she was strangely mute and just wanted to play with Rowan's toys. Oh, well. Maybe (maybe!) she's realizing that newborn babies aren't the fantastic accessory she's always thought they were.
Last night, I took my fabulous new haircut out to dinner with Chris and Sarah (and Jason, of course). I had a Tom Collins, which I had never tried before, and I was pretty into the combination of gin, fresh lemon juice, and sugar. Is this going to be my summer drink? Is this just an upscale rendition of the much-rapped-about "gin and juice"? Afterwards, we went to the Hope basketball game. They won. All in all, a good grown-ups night out.
Today, Annie woke us up at 6:40, demanding pancakes. And now, Jason has whisked the girls off to his grandparents' for part of the day, where they'll play games, eat good food, and stroll on over to the neighbors to view the pigs and cows. I think it will make Jemma very happy. I'm here, ignoring my dirty house and the thought of my weekend long run in favor of having another cup of coffee and doing some writing in my pj's. Bliss.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah said...

Creepy...delete that spam commenter dude.
Anyway -
1. Love the hair!
2. Love Jemma's dress and want to see it close up!
3. Sounds like you had a nice weekend - call me so we can catch up!

Megz said...

Love the hair!!! My sister in law just got a very similar "do" and it's very becoming...you can pull it off with a slim figure, too! Very trendy. Love it.

And yay on the Tom Collins discovery...I think you might be channeling Snoop Dog a bit, too, as you feared...but aint no thang. Drink up and enjoy!:)