Sunday, January 4, 2009

Lazy Luxury

After the rush of the holidays with all the travel and packing and presents and cooking and baking and cleaning and finding places for new toys and seeing people, I've spent the last couple of days giving myself time to be lazy and spoiled. It's been a nice post-holiday way to decompress (and, during that fun-but-busy holiday crazyness, it was something I held in my mind like a little prize, a carrot on a stick, if you will). I've had some lovely meals in restaurants (notably, dinner at six one six and brunch at Cygnus), gotten a haircut, been to the gym, swam at the pool with the girls, lazed around playing princess and doing puzzles with Annie, had some wine in front of the fire with Jason, read my book club's next selection, and had breakfast with Connie at Cherie Inn after our glorious girls' night away.

Tomorrow, it's back to school and back to work and back to reality, which I welcome. I'm feeling good about 2009, so far. I predict it's going to be full of luck, laughter, and more good food.

No comments: