Sunday, January 18, 2009

All Mixed Up
















First things first: after a ridiculous number of months when I wavered back and forth between wanting a new, fancy digital camera (saving for later) and wanting a new, non-fancy digital camera (getting it now), Jason got me a non-fancy digital camera for Christmas. And I love it. It's a Canon Powershot Elph - tiny, chocolate brown, and fantastic. It shoots movie clips. It let me shoot in black and white. It hold billions of photos (well, almost) and fits into my pocket. I've been playing with it all weekend.

Other than that, we're a little messed up right now. In a desperate attempt to bring back that winter coziness we felt earlier this season, we actually listened to Christmas music in the car yesterday afternoon. I mean, the temperature has been hovering around zero for days, the snow shows no signs of stopping, so why not pretend it's still Christmas? The girls loved it. Then, today, Jason and I alternated between trying to inject some indoor fun into our kids (board games, movie time, art projects) and turning to one another and saying, "Let's just get drunk" and eating some leftover Halloween candy we dug up from the basement in Operation Mouse Outsmarting, Part Two. And after a day or so of Annie moping around, complaining of her tummy hurting, and not eating much of anything, it finally occurred to me to take her temperature. 100.7. Jemma's? 100.6.

Now, they're on the couch downstairs, watching movies and being coddled with all manner of Tylenol and clear beverages. I have a feeling it's going to be a long, cold week. I have a feeling I'm going to be more dependent than usual on my coffee.

No comments: