Saturday, December 13, 2008

Twelve Days to Go

and, no, I am not finished Christmas shopping. Mostly, but not completely, because my husband is a difficult person to shop for. There are a few things he wants that are too expensive (new laptop, Nintendo Wii with Guitar Hero); a few things that I do not want us to own (giant coffee grinder which would be one more thing to sit on our kitchen counter, slow cooker); and the boring standards (clothes that he does desperately need, socks, music). Ideas, anyone?

The girls are at a particularly fun age this year - the most fun they've been, yet, at Christmas time, and it's all I can do not to buy up everything in sight for them to open on Christmas morning. Jason took them to see the Christmas trees at Meijer Gardens this morning and they came home full of stories and wonder. I love driving places with them right now (when Annie isn't kicking Jemma, that is), looking in my rearview mirror to see their happy faces bobbing along to Holly Jolly Christmas or Rudolph. (They do not get the concept of "radio" versus "CD" and are constantly asking me to find a certain song on the Christmas station, or to play one "again" that was just on. If I have to explain the impossibility of this one more time . . . .)

In an hour, we'll be down the street at the auditorium, wating for Annie's dance recital to begin. This year, she's tapping to "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" and, though she was not really paying attention at all during rehearsal on Thursday, I am sure it will be adorable no matter what. She's been in such a great mood all day, so excited to get up on that stage and tap her heart out in front of a couple hundred strangers. I can't wait. Pictures to come, I promise.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

She did great! I am so glad The Grinch didn't work out and we made a spontaneous decision to come watch for a while!