Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Nine More, For Good Measure

Because I am just so damn interesting (or, because once I started thinking like this in the morning, my brain was coming up with random facts all day and I must get them out - OUT! - of my brain before they drive me crazy):

-My favorite book is Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury, and I read it every year in June as a ritual to kick off summer.

-I have never, not even when I was little, picked my nose and eaten it.

-When I was in middle school and high school, I thought I would totally snag a cool boyfriend if only I was good at volleyball.

-The one food I am unable to eat rationally is Oreo cookies. It is best if I never have them in the house. When Jason occasionally buys them, he hides them from me. Then I search the house until I find them and eat a whole row in 10 minutes.

-I scored a perfect 36 on my ACT verbal. (You can see that's getting me all sorts of high-powered jobs these days.)

-If I were president, the first thing I'd do would be to eliminate NASA (what is the point of it?) and allocate all the money to underprivileged schools.

-Jason and I had two "first kisses" - one on New Year's Eve of my freshman year at Hope, one on our third date in September of the following year.

-I really love to open a new container of something with a seal (like peanut butter or margarine) and be the first to scoop into the smooth, pure surface of it. I get sad if Jason does it. Understandably, he mocks me for this.

-I never tried smoking until a camping trip during my freshman year of college, and then I went all in with a Marlboro Red and passed out on a log.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I can't quit smiling about the Marlboro Red and the incident on the log! And I never knew about the secret ambition to be a volleyball star. I'm picturing beach volleyball - the uniforms are much more likely to snag cool guys. Have a great night!

Gina said...

I'd totally eliminate NASA, too. It should be completely privately funded. Ridiculous! Also, same camping trip, one year later, is when I dipped in the car and puked out the window. Ah, the lovely camping memories!

Lil said...

Very funny! I can relate to the first scoop scenario...I must have the "top" of a new carton of ice cream.

Stephanie said...

Yeah . . . that was a darn good camping trip. I believe at one point we were all up in a tree together, right?