Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ch-Ch-Changes

I've been thinking for a while now about making some changes to this blog for lots of different reasons. For one thing, I've always felt like there would come a time when it would become inappropriate for me to write about the girls using their real names. That time isn't exactly now, since neither of them is even technically in school, but I think that cut-off was always around age five or so, in my head. Once they're in "real" school, I think they may deserve a little more anonymity as relates to time-outs, mishaps, and embarrassing moments. Just today, I filled out Annie's registration paperwork for next year, so that time is mere months away.

Pushing the deadline forward is the fact that Jason's practice is about to launch a fancy new website in the next month or so, and the last thing I want is for a potential patient to Google his name and inadvertently find my blog (and lots of details about the most recent neighborhood party, vacation, or date night). Plus, I'm spending a little more time and energy submitting query letters to get new freelance work. If any of those pan out, and I am ever actually published (I should be so lucky!), I'd like to be able to reference my blog without giving away too many real-life details for security purposes.

So! I'm taking the weekend off to be up north with the family, and when I return, look for the launch of something new and improved to record all our daily details. I'll avoid using our last name at all, and I'll also probably just reference the girls by their first initial. I'm planning to add new links to all the blogs I currently read regularly (both people I know and people I don't) and possibly links to some of the writing I've done other places. The blog doesn't have a name yet; while I do have a few ideas, I'm open to your thoughts, so either comment here or send them to me via e-mail.

If you are a faithful reader and want to keep reading at the new site, send me an e-mail at sdoublestein@hotmail.com and I'll give you a heads-up when I get it all together. (There won't be any references here to the new name.) RIP, Daily Doublesteins! It's been a lovely adventure.

4 comments:

Gina said...

I'm a little sad about this! Of course, I will continue to read up on everything on your new blog. Have a great weekend, enjoy the rest of your week, hopefully I'll see you next week.

Also, if you haven't already, you really need to print out your blog. Are you going to delete it or just keep it up and not add to it?

Sarah said...

I would love see you do something on you blog with all the great cooking and recipes you do every week! Maybe a recipe of the week? I am always looking for inspiration...

Sarah said...

Oh, and when you are ready, I know a company that will create your blog entries into a cute scrapbook so you can eventually delete this one! See me for details...

Dina said...

Just sent my "please keep me in the loop" email to you! :)
p.s. LOVED Pillars of the Earth - you enjoying it so far?